Pump tube problems?

Anyone out there have difficulty with snagging the pump tubing? I just caught it on a chair and ripped out the set. That’s happened to me a number of times and is quite frustrating. It only happens when I have the pump in my pants pocket. Obviously it doesn’t happen when I keep my pump in my shirt pocket, but I wear t-shirts a lot. Anyone have a solution?

I just wrap it around a couple of fingers and tuck into my waist band. It keeps it out of the way but is easy to pull out when I need too. Also, especially in the summer, I also take a strip of KT tape and cut it into quarters and place one piece over my pump site. The tape is very sticky and designed to be worn for 7 days so it really helps. I cut a small square to allow for disconnecting my pump site when needed. Also, there are places on my body where sites stick on better than others. For instance when I use my low back for a site on a wheelchair soccer day it always comes out (it rubs against the back of the chair).

That has probably happened to everyone who wears a pump; has happened to me a few times nut not frequently. A lot depends on where you implant the infusion.

Mostly I’ve used my abdomen for infusion sites and hang the pump on my bely in a holster or on the waist band with a clip and tuck the tubing in my pants. Or, I run the tubing through an opening in my shirt and carry the pump in a pocket with Velcro closure - good when biking. I also find when active wearing gym shorts the pump clip allows me to wear the pump pm the inside of the waist band with all tubing under cover. I also sometimes at he beach or in bed, when very active, use a Velcro waistband with a pocket and affix the bely directly over the infusion site.

My husband cuts small holes in his pockets and runs the tube through and there is no tube hanging. Every time he gets a new pair of pants or shorts he does it in both sides.