Has anyone else started having problems with the Silhouette infusion set recently?

I just posted this in the 'Insulin Pumps' group, but it looks like I'd get more of a response here, so I apologize for posting this twice.

Just saw that some people are having issues with the Quikset inserters and sets, wondering if anyone else is having problems with the Silhouette sets and Sil-Serter inserter?

I've used these sets for as long as I can remember (even before I started using a Minimed) and I've recently started having issues with them. I use the Sil-Serter spring-loaded inserter thingy (aka 'the staple gun').

My problems began when they changed the box design from the old mostly black and white one to the new yellow and blue one. I noticed they've also 'streamlined' the plastic bit that stays on the infusion set (that you connect the tubing to.) I looked and I'm still getting the same set; the part numbers are the same.

When I eventually get my new site inserted, I'm having more pain at the infusion site than usual, and it usually bleeds and bruises when I take it out.

Yesterday, when I tried to change it, I went through 3 infusion sets just trying to get it in. Each time the needle went through the front adhesive part of the set. Yes, through the paper and the laminated fabric stuff. It was hard to pull off of the needle and all three times the needle didn't go in where it was supposed to.

Just wondering if anyone else is having problems with these or has a recommendation of which ones to switch to. I don't think I could handle the 90-degree ones or any ones you put in by hand. I'm going to the endo in two weeks, so I hope to ask her what she thinks as well.

By the way, if you're having these problems, have you talked to Medtronic/what did they say? I haven't yet, although I am going to do that now.