Getting ready to decide on a pump and cgm for our very active 7 yr old

Our daughter was diagnosed in January and is having issues with stabilizing her levels (might be celiac, waiting on endo. date)

so her doctor is hoping to order her pump and cgm at our next visit

We like the omnipod as she is a black belt in taekwondo, plays soccer and does gymnastics

but like the Palm software with one of the others...

any suggestions for a very active 7 year old and we have Aetna insurance...

TIA!!

I think w/ the omni pod you hace to carry a gadget  in your bag to operate the system, If you lose the gadet you're up a creek.

Here's a link for the Omni pod along w/ a via and fed back from those that use it

http://www.righthealth.com/topic/Omni_Pod_Insulin_Pump

I like the idea of it being in her "sugar bag" which is a purple backpack she carries everywhere, like a purse, with her juice, snacks, needles, etc...

again, looking for all feedback! Thanks...

any recommendation of a different pump for an active 7 year old?

My daughter was diagnosed at the age of 8 in 2006.  We just put her on the ping last week.  I will tell you, we were very anxious to put her on a pump but am also very glad we let some time go by before we did so.  It is reassuring to know that in the event the pump malfunctions I will still know what to do with her.  My daughter is also very active.  A friend of ours has a daughter who is also on a pump and they purchased us a pump shower gift called a spibelt.  It is a belt that runners use to put their keys and misc. stuff in while running.  The pouch is made of a stretchy material so that the pump doesn't bounc around during activity.  So far the pump is like a miracle to us.  She is much more stable and in her words "loves her new life".