Getting A CGM

Hi! I recently had a hypoglycimic (ahh so wat I can't spell?) seizure in my sleep. Because of this I'm going to get a CGM! i'm super exited. (Like I said before I'm no good at spelling.) is there any tips, tricks, advice, anything I should know outthere? please leave me a reply!!!

Get ready!!!!  It is a little weird at first, but it is sooooooooo worth it.  At first the beeping thing drove me nuts, but then I realized it was doing its job! (but there were a few days I wanted to whip the thing across the backyard) It takes a little getting used to.   I just got on the Medtronic CGM in July and the Medtronic pump in October.  Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.  

You will have a trainer to help you but I have two tips. I use opsite flexifix over the whole thing to keep it from moving and to keep it dry. The tape they send you is no good in my opinion. It comes off in the shower. Try different places on your body (after a while). For me my legs are the best and slightly toward the inside. Other people use their butt. I don't want to sleep on it because then you either lose the signal or it says low when you are not. I have used mine (MM) since they came out in 2006 day and night and I can't do without them.

Good point about the adhesive. If you are getting a MM CGM, have them send you a sample pack of adhesive. There are several difference kinds you can try out. I found the Tegaderm adhesive works best for me. The IV3000 was *ok* but it isn't really sticky enough IMO. I can't remember the brand, but it comes on a roll like scotch tape and you can get it at CVS. I hated that for everyday use because I found it to be too stiff and irritated my skin after awhile. However, I keep a roll of it in my desk at work, just in case.