Getting a CGM!

Today I feel like I have won the lottery!  I got an email stating that coverage of a CGM has been approved for me by my insurance company!  It should arrive via UPS on Thursday.  I'm getting the medtronic sensor that will work with my paradigm pump.  I just wanted to celebrate and tell some people who would actually understand why this is so cool, so thanks for reading! :)

Congrats!  What wonderful news.  I started a CGM (Dexcom Seven Plus) at the beginning of January, and it has been so helpful. 

Time to party!!

Congrats! I'd love to hear how you like it once you start using it, I use the Paradigm as well and was looking into the CGM.. best of luck!

Kim, were there any hurdles or obstacles in the beginning when you first started using the CGM?  I'm leaving for a vacation in Hawaii in a couple weeks and I'm not sure I want to use the CGM while I'm there.  I've heard that there's a learning curve at the beginning and I don't want to be frustrated with it or worrying about it while I'm on vacation.

Well, it's been pretty smooth sailing so far, for me.  I do use transparent medical tape to keep it on, as the edges come unstuck after a day or so.  I still test 3-4 times a day to make sure it's callibrated (the most it's ever been off is about 70 mg/dl, but I was testing at about 350 at the time... and the higher you are, the more "off" the CGM is).  If you have any specific questions or concerns, feel free to ask.  :)