Feeling Lost

Hello, I am new to all of this. I am trying to figure things out on my own. My doctors are no help, they think I’m either depressed or making things up. I have been having problems for about three years, the doctors have put me on a tons of different medications. I just don’t know what to do.

I’ve not been diagnosed with any type of diabetes. I was always told my sugar levels were in the normal range, maybe on the high side, but still normal. I have been having trouble for about three years with muscle spasms, numbness and loss of feeling in my hands and feet. I have muscle aches in my arms and legs. Doctors have placed me on antidepressants and muscle relaxers, but I have had bad side effects. For not I’m not on anything besides birth control.

Last year I was told I POS. Starting in January I have been trying to eat less carbs. But I have a bad sweet tooth as to before I didn’t.

I don’t know if I really belong here, but the site seemed nice and the people seemed helpful. My family and friends just tell me to get over it and that it is all in my head. The doctors don’t believe me, I just don’t know where to turn.

Do you mean PCOS?
You may be insulin resistant with hyperinsulinemia. Very very different than Type 1. Its typically a precursor to Type 2 though. But you won’t get a diagnosis or treatment until blood sugar is high, which is a much more advanced condition by that time.
I highly recommend following the low carb diet you’ve already found is helpful. I actually do not have diabetes either and I eat a ketogenic diet myself as does my T1D daughter.
If you are interested in a very supportive group of low carb eaters there is a great group on the My Fitness Pal website. You have to create an account there and find the group to ask to join.
http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group