Delicious Lettuce wraps :)

Hey everyone!

I got a diabetic cookbook featuring recipes for two and made a great recipe out of it for lettuce wraps, hope you enjoy it!

1 tsp. toasted seasame oil (I didnt have this on hand so I skipped it)

3 oz. chicken tenders (all visible fat discarded), finely diced

2 medium green onions, finely chopped

1/2 small red pepper, finely chopped

2 medium button mushrooms, finely chopped

1/2 cup packaged shredded coleslaw and carrot mix

1 tsp. grated peeled gingeroot (also left this out)

1 medium garlic clove minced

1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes or 1 tsp sweet chili sauce

1 tsp soy sauce (lowest sodium available)

1 tsp plain rice vinegar

4 large lettuce leaves, such as romaine, iceberg, Boston removed and kept whole

1. In a small nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat, swirling to coat the bottom. Cook the chicken for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown on the outside and no longer pink on the inside, stirring frequently, transfer to plate.

2. In the same skillet, cook the green onions, mushrooms, bell peppers, and coleslaw mix for 4 minutes, or until pepper is tender, stirring frequently. Stir in the gingeroot, garlic, and chili sauce (or flakes). Cook for 1 minute stirring frequently. stir in the cooked chicken. Add the sot sauce and rice vinegar, Cook for 45 seconds to 1 minute stirring frequently, remove from heat.

3. Put the lettuce leaves on a flat surface. Spoon about 1/4 cup mixture down the center of each lettuce leaf. Roll up tightly, jelly roll style.

Exchanges/Choices

1 vegetable

1 Lean Meat

1/2 fat

Calories 100                                                                                                                                                                        

Calories from fat 30

Total Fat: 3.5 g

Sat. fat : 0.6 g

Trans fat: 0g

Polyunsaturated : 1.3 g

Monounsaturated: 1.3 g

Colestorol: 25 mg

Sodium: 170 mg

Total Carbs: 6 g

Dietary fiber: 2 g

Sugars: 3 g

Protein: 11 g

This recipe sounds really good, I'll have to try it!  What is the name of this cookbook?

Thanks!

It is Diabetes and Heart Healthy Meals for Two, sponsored bt the American Diabetes Association and the American Heart Association :)

That sounds good.