Concern for your diabetes

I've had type 1 now for around 16 years. I don't know if anyone else feels this way or not, but a lot of times these days I feel as if I've lived with diabetes for so long that I'm become nonchalant about it. It's not that I don't care or don't take care of myself, I do, but  at times when I have a bad day of blood sugars I'm not that concerned. I'm pretty busy with school and all, but does anyone else find themselves dealing with the same thing? Any tips on motivation?

I have had type 1 for 16 year also! trust me i know what u mean! its hard as a young adult wanting to go out and honestly sometimes for days at a time i wont even test my blood ill jsut take a shot and call it a day! im trying to find my own way of not doing this anymore! its hard!!!

Most people can't obsess about their diabetes 24/7.  I think that often leads to burnout.  We have to balance ideal care with real life.

We all have different personality types and deal with the demands and stress of diabetes differently.  What you're doing sounds totally okay. 

I made a conscious decision to stop stressing about blood sugars about 5 years ago.  Instead I just test and correct as needed.    A bad blood sugar doesn't make me a bad diabetic... just means I need to take a few more units of insulin.