Breakfast ideas

My favorite breakfast ever is croissants with blueberries.
I`m always making it by one recipe:
Ingredients for 8 people:
1 tube dough
¾ cup of blueberries
8 oz cream cheese
⅔ cup of sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
¼ cup milk
Cooking:
Beat the cream cheese in a bowl fit for mixing, adding sugar and vanilla. Mix until creamy.
Put in the eggs, while whisking, add the milk and beat to get a creamy consistency. Put it somewhere for later.
Heat your oven to 350F.
Prepare the dough. Roll it onto crescent shapes.
Put the shapes in a pan without any grease.
Add the blueberries to your dough shapes.
Cook at 350F for about half an hour or until you get a golden brown color.
Powder your croissants with sugar.
Take your time to taste it!
Recipe from https://recipes.cafe/en

Hi again. I discovered a recipe for Dutch Baby pancakes on Yummly. Don’t know where the name came from (anybody?) but they’re delicious. I include some fresh raspberries and sprinkle a tiny but if powdered sugar on top instead of syrup. Only thing is they don’t provide the number of grams or ounces that constitute a serving🙁 so I take total servings, divide the recipe to make just 1, get the ounces from there and adjust the listed carbs based on my own response. 21 works well for me but yours may be different depending on what you add and how much. I’m sharing the recipe I use but there are tons of others to experiment with.
I just found this great Dutch Baby Recipe on Yummly Dutch Baby Recipe | Yummly

1 Like

Sounds delicious Dorie @wadawabbit .

Your method of calculating the carbs per serving is close to what I’ve done. When I read the cooking instructions, etc., I saw that the entire recipe feeds four, so if you divide the batter into four “equal” portions [I find this difficult with some batters], the “17 carbs” claimed at the bottom appears to be one serving size.

Another method I’ve used for delicious breakfast scones my wife makes, is to use my food scale [after reading the recipe ingredients] and WAGing fairly closely the carbohydrate count for the one I put on my plate.

1 Like

Ah, the famous WAG - what would we do without it!!

1 Like

@wadawabbit, @Dennis Another new term to add to the dictionary…WAG = ?

I LOVE Dutch baby pancackes. I typically have, in my past life, had it with lemon and powdered sugar.
The name derives from Germany, btw, @wadawabbit

1 Like

@HopeFloats2020 WAG. Typically means Wild A$$ Guess

2 Likes

LOL. Thanks @joe
I have added this to the dictionary!

New to the forum, but my biggest piece of advice for keep blood glucose stable after a meal is to always pair your carbs with a protein and/or fat to slow the digestion down. Also avoid drinking caffeine by itself at breakfast as this illicits a stress response, increasing cortisol, which also can make glucose wonky.

2 Likes

Hi, welcome. I have noticed a bit of a spike in my numbers when I have caffeine in between meals or alone before breakfast although not too bad but…

Drink it with meals to decrease its assimilation rate!

1 Like

I normally eat an avocado with some cream cheese and cinnamon or some bacon/sausage with eggs. delicious and practically carb free.
Also, I would recommend I breathe I’m hungry source. There are many fantastic recipes.

I like Avocado now and then - never thought of pairing them with cream cheese and cinnamon though! Thanks for the suggestion.

2 Likes

I have used several of the recipes from that blog that I really love.

I tried the Avocado/cream cheese combo this morning. It’s a combination I never without have thought of, and I liked it - although getting the cream cheese on was tricky😊. I like spicy foods and discovered a spice called Ghost Pepper (Naga Jolokia) Sea Salt. I’ve been sprinkling it on everything - including the Avocado. Yum! Thanks again for the suggestion.