Athletic Teenager

Hello my name is Kasmere Trice and I have always been very active. I am currently a varsity cheerleader at my school and trying to pursue track and field. I have recently been diagnosed wtih type one diabetes & I am just wondering are there other teens out there that are dealing with this also ?

Hey im nikki im 15 im very into sports I play high competitive fieldhockey ,soccer kayaking ect if you have any questions or need to talk give me a shout I have had diabetes for 8 yrs

Nikki -

I'm no longer a teenager, but I was diagnosed at 6 years old, and since then, still did four years of cheerleading, Tae Kwon Do (got a black belt), and I just did my first half-marathon.  You'll do just fine.  :)

It will be a lot of trial and error to see what sort of regimen works for you.  As long as you pay attention to what your body is telling you, you'll be able to do anything you want, athletically speaking.  You can do this!

I'm 14 and I was diagnosed when I was almost 11. I've played soccer ever since then and love it. You just really have to watch out for lows...and highs for that matter. If you do you can pretty much do any sport you want to. Good luck with Track and Field.

I'm 15, run cross country, track and field, and play soccer. When you do workouts on the track, how can you tell between your lows and when you're just tired? also, isn't it frustrating how you can tell your coaches are afraid to push you too hard because they're afraid of what might happen? i don't like the feeling of falling behind. hope track went well for you, i guess? haha

-cass:)

Hey I’m Ashley and I’m 14 diagnosed at 13. I’m a dancer so I get all the low blood sugars that happen and how frustrating they can be