Anxious

Ok forum…for the last three days, I have been using only my morning Lantus. I eat at least 25-30 g carbs for my meals and have to use NO fast-acting with no big spike in sugar and remain in target. I am a little freaked out about this. I am actually anxious about this, waiting for the shoe to drop!
Shall I just ride this wave but vigilantly?

That’s wonderful news, Cathy!

I understand the anxiety. Lean on your healthy coping techniques to keep that as manageable as you can, because yes, watchful waiting is your best friend right now. Sadly, we can’t expect it to last, but we can do our best to savor it as long as it does!

1 Like

@srozelle thanks! Ugh

Hi Cathy @HopeFloats2020 , the protocol you just discovered is nothing new or unusual. Your new protocol is what I practiced for 25 years before I began in 1975 practicing under the auspicate of Doctor Bill Black, a Joslin Clinic research fellow, what has now come to be called MDI. The research which Dr. Black was doing became the backbone of the international 10 year DCCT Study during the 1980s when digital BG Meters became available that proved the benefit of MDI.

The advent in 1954 of NPH Insulin, a protamine zinc animal formulation, brought on the “wonderful new-era of diabetes” being able to live with ONLY one injection needed per day.

1 Like

you are good @HopeFloats2020 keep testing. your goal is to control blood sugar. if your pancreas is helping a little, take the help. keep testing. it will not last forever.

1 Like

@joe @Dennis thanks, guys!

1 Like