Animas Ping / CGM

Does anyone know what the deal is with Animas integrating a cgm with the Ping? I have a Medtronic pump at the moment but I'm looking into switching. I've heard great things about the Ping and the Dexcom Seven, but does anyone have any idea about how long of a wait it will be until the 2 are integrated? Can I get the pump now and add the cgm later, or are they releasing a new pump?

Hi Ashley - I use the Ping and Dexcom systems.  When I started them both in January, I was told that the integrated system should be available at the end of this year.  (But, who knows - it could get pushed back again.)  I was told there will be an "upgrade charge", (a couple hundred dollars, my trainer thought) for those who currently use a Ping pump and want to upgrade to the integrated CGM system.  But, this information is 7 months old now, and I haven't heard anything about it since.

When I talked to my rep a couple months ago, he couldn't give me any "official" info, but pretty much suggested the same thing Kim said.  He commented the upgrade require a "small fee."

I went ahead and got the Ping and Dexcom instead of waiting, because my endo want me stable on the pump before I start trying for a baby.  That alone will be worth an extra couple of hundred to upgrade.

yeah, i'm going ahead with trying to get a CGM despite the possible integration soon. my pump warranty will be up in a little less than a year and a half, so i figured i'd go for the upgrate then.

woohoo for integrations! :o)

[quote user="C"]

woohoo for integrations! :o)

[/quote]

Woohoo, indeed!  I actually didn't think I'd get approved for a CGMS and now that I have, I'm wondering how the heck I'm going to also carry the Decom receiver in addition to the pump.  Thank goodness the meter-remote doesn't also have to be on me at all times!  :)

I'm so glad I have an old hand-me-down sewing machine so I can add hidden pockets inside some of my clothes.

Hi

I am hearing 2nd quarter of 2011.

I haven't had any luck on pumps. But, I love my dexcom so much, I've been considering trying the ping when they finally integrate them. It's been about 6 or 7 years since my last (ill-fated) pump attempt, but maybe this one will go better? Anyways, I hope people will post when they get the new product out. And, also how it works before I try it. (:

Yeah, I'm going to wait for 1) better insurance and 2) the integrated pump.  I love both ideas, but having been off the pump for three years, I had a hard time actually wanting to carry the Dexcom, let alone the pump too!