Alyssa

hey how many of you know alyssa(from washington, 15 years old), well i havent talked to her in a while so i wanted to make sure she was ok. she has changed my life and is one of my best friends.

shes gone. she has (temporarily i think) left the site

IK alyssa! I love her to death! She is my unbiological sister! she has changed my life and gave me a new look on diabetes! I have been emailing her back and forth but i havent heard form her the past week and im really nervous cuz ya i worry about her like crazzzzy

Ohh and yesss alyssa has left the site... she is not sure weather its for good or not yet. she needed some time to herself. u can read her bio.

She told me that she will definitely be back eventually, but she doesn't know when. She just needs to work through some stuff and take some time to herself.

ok cuz i would have filed a missing persons report if i didnt hear from her. i love her to death too and my life wouldnt be the same without her.

My last email from her was October 20.  I haven't been able to get responses to other emails.  I was concerned at first that she was annoyed at something I said.  Now I'm concerned that it's more than that.  Have any of the other people who email with her heard from her since OCtober 20?

Angie, my last e-mail from her was on the 21st, but I also think she was upset about what I said. So, I really have no idea what's going on with her.

i have talked to her and she sad that  she will be back but she dosent know when yet.

Lauren, I thought for a long time whether I should respond to this. I didn't last night, but came back to it today b/c I was still thinking about it. I appreciate how you are concerned for Alyssa. You sound like a really caring person. But, it makes me a little worried to hear you say she's your best friend, your life wouldn't be the same w/o her, etc. I think it's special to find other people w/ T1 you can connect w/ online, and I'm glad you've been so motivated by the site. But, I hope you are also looking for people in your real life who you know, can talk to, etc. I worry when someone your age gets so connected to someone online so quickly. Not that this applies to Alyssa, but on other sites (or even here I guess), there could be less than honest people who don't have your best interests in mind who try to befriend you.

Again, I am VERY sorry of this was inappropriate or offensive. You sound like a wonderful person, and I don't want to offend you. -Sarah

Sarah! i am thinking the same way! She is a great person and has helped me with alot of things too. i was worried that something had happened to her. i would talk to her almost everyday and i needed a break from this site and everything. ever since that i have not talked to her. and its starting to worry me. is she ok?

alyssa just needs time to herself.

sarah,

i realize where you were coming from. i do have diabetic friends that live close by me but the closest i believe is a little over a half hour drive. no offensive was taken and thanks for showing concern. the reason i consider Alyssa to be one of my best friends is because I can tell her anything an she is always there for me, like a true friend.

-Lauren

[quote user="Lauren Fertig"]

alyssa just needs time to herself.

[/quote]

Are you intuiting this, or did you communicate with her since your original post?  I don't NEED to talk to her myself.  It would just be a relief to know that SOMEBODY has had communication with her recently.

i read this on her profile. i haven't talked to her in over two weeks, maybe more. i need to talk her and no i cant.

Okay, so the last time I heard from her was on Oct. 19. I emailed her on Tuesday to see how things were going, and she hasn't responded yet...I'll let you guys know when she does.

shes started a trend. there are a few people who seem to be leaving due to a lack of time.

[quote user="Sarah"]

But, I hope you are also looking for people in your real life who you know, can talk to, etc. I worry when someone your age gets so connected to someone online so quickly. Not that this applies to Alyssa, but on other sites (or even here I guess), there could be less than honest people who don't have your best interests in mind who try to befriend you.

[/quote]

I mean really for all we really know Alyssa could be a gross dirty old man trying to meet hot young girls and/or boys.  I saw a program on TV documentary about a woman that fell in love with a guy on the internet and her husband killed her over it and it turned out it was another lady posing as a man.

So please be careful.