9 years ago today

Nine years ago today my father died after complications from back surgery.  It has been a tough day for me today.  I was super upset this morning but somehow managed to make it to work.  I was pretty busy at work which helped me get through the day but now I am home and pretty upset.  It's so hard.  Even though its been 9 years it feels like it just happened yesterday.  I was very close to my father and not a day goes by that I don't miss him its just so much harder on the anniversary.

It's also much more difficult when it's unexpected. I know very much how you feel and understand your struggle. I come from a very, very large family and we are all very close. Just 2.5 weeks ago one of my friends passed away from complications of surgery; he was only 29. I was a total and complete mess for quite some time, and still find myself crying about it. 

We are here to help you through your tough times. While I have not lost a parent, I have lost people close to me. Whatever it is we can do to help you, we are willing to do it. While we might not be there with you physically, we have all sorts of e-hugs for you right here on Juvenation. 

We all love you :o) <3 <3 <3 <3

I understand how you feel.  I have not lost a parent but I lost my sister 2 years, 2 months, and 17 days ago.  Not a day goes by that I do not think about her.  She was killed in a car accident and that day changed my life forever.  Although there are days I struggle (birthday, anniversary, christmas, etc.) there are days I can smile and tell you funny stories about when we were kids.  Your grief is normal and although you are sad today, tomorrow might be better.  He is watching over you and he loves you very much!!  I am always here if you want someone to talk to.

[quote user="Kathie"]

Although there are days I struggle (birthday, anniversary, christmas, etc.) there are days I can smile and tell you funny stories about when we were kids.  Your grief is normal and although you are sad today, tomorrow might be better.  

[/quote]

Kathie's response reminded me of something! :o)

Have you or your family done anything to help memorialize his memory? Such as a video or photo album or book of memories? It's very easy for us to be consumed by our grief and forget some of the happier times with our loved ones. When my friend died, a blog was started for him where we could post memories of him. It has turned out to be a great way for all us to come together and relive the better times. It is open to the public, so anyone who knew my friend can post a blog. For us, this was a way for us to express our grief, but also have reminders of the good times as well. 

If this is something you and/or your family might be interested in you can read our blog to my friend at http://happypimpinfriday.blogspot.com (despite the blog name, there isn't anything offensive or un-family friendly in there). If you have any questions or anything, please let me know. We have also created slideshows with pictures and powerpoints and many other things. I would be more than happy to help you if you need it.

C