2 year old back to daycare after diagnosis

Hi  everyone-- I'm new here and I'm hoping that you can help give me some advice....

My son was diagnosed 3 weeks ago with T1.  He is almost 2 years old (will be 2 at the end of July). Before he was diagnosed he was enrolled full time (8:30A-4:30P) at a daycare which is located near my office.  He was very sick when he was diagnosed-- and we stayed in the hospital for a week. The first week home was really rough...he got an ear infection and a fever and his BS numbers were all over the place. At first i didn't think things were ever going to get easier and I couldn't imagine how we would ever get back to our old routine.  But each day things are getting better. Both my work and his daycare have been very supportive and flexibile.  I've taken some time off work through FMLA but unfortunately I will need to go back to work in the next few weeks and I need a plan for how to transition my son back to daycare. 

We are planning to put him on a pump in the next few months but until then we will be doing Novalog shots after meals and snacks.  I will be able to leave work throughout the day to give him shots.  But I'm not sure how to handle the blood sugar checks-- I'm hoping that one of his daycare teachers will be open to checking his blood sugar throughout the day.  If they aren't willing to do that i think i will need to find somewhere else to take him, right? i mean that is something that HAVE to be willing to do,right?  Does anyone have expereince/ advice for how to make this work? 

I am planning on spending the first few days with him at daycare doing the BS checks and the shots myself and then teaching the teachers how to do the BS checks. 

If you have any advice or words of wisdom for how to make this work I would REALLY appreciate it!  If I could wave my magic wand and make it so I didn't have to go back to work- I definitely would but that's just not an option for us so i have to figure out how to get him back in daycare and ensure that he will be well cared for

You've gotten no responses?  I'm no help.  I have an 18-year-old son who was diagnosed at age 15.  Did you work anything out?