Worried that Hashimoto's is affecting my BGs and other stuff

Well, guys, I'm a bit worried.  My BGs seem to be running over 200 more often lately even though my diet is the same and my bolus/carb ratio remains unchanged.  I also noticed a rise in my cholesterol when I donated blood last week - the blood center always gives us a free cholesterol test, and this month I was 171.  I know a lot of people would love to have that kind of cholesterol, but I was 143 back in August the last time I was eligible and donated.

All this stuff has been going on since around September or so.  I see my endo Thursday, so I'll find out for sure if my thyroid is getting attacked again and if I finally need synthroid now.  : /  Just wanted to vent a little, I guess.  I'm dreading what my A1C might be this time around - I have a feeling it will be over 7 this time for the first time in awhile.  I don't feel any of this is from stress or whatever - grad school is going great - so I'm prepared for bad thyroid news.  I'll keep you guys posted.

Hi Khendra - I'm so sorry to hear all this! I have my fingers crossed for you appointment on Thursday. Keep us posted!!

PS - What's your secret for not being stressed in grad school? I'm stressed to the max!

Thanks.  :)

Right now, it's going pretty well, so I'm just taking it day-to-day.  There are times where I get a bit nerved up, but I'm still early in the program and haven't had to student-teach yet, lol - I imagine it'll get more hectic as I get closer to completing the degree.

I'm sorry to hear this. I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism before I was diagnosed with Diabetes so I don't really know much about how one affects the other. I'd be interested to see what your doctor has to say.

Keep us posted, good luck!

Thanks!

The last time I saw my endo, he mentioned how hypothyroidism can elevate glucose levels, so I'm worried that is the cause.  Will see.

I don't remember if there was a correlation to my undiagnosed hypothyroidism and high blood sugars, as I had other issues going on at that time too.  I hope whatever it is can be resolved easily!  Good luck!

Thanks, Kim.  Yeah, in the cases of multiple issues going on, it's harder to pinpoint the cause of higher BGs.

All right - back from the endo!  My A1C was actually 6.5, better than my last one (6.8), lol.  The endo believes the highs I was noticing correspond to my 10 AM basal, which was adjusted upward to bring down the sugars for those hours.

As for the hypothyroid, he asked if I wanted a thyroid test done today, and I said yes, so I'll find out those results in a few days.

Good news on the A1C!! Told you I'd keep my fingers crossed ;)