1unti=8carbs until 3 or 4pm

1=15 the rest of the day

Mine is 1:8 until mid-day then 1:9.

mine is 1unit to 15 carbs, all day, everyday

breakfast is 1:8
Rest of the day is 1:9

1 unit: 8 grams of carbs for breakfast

1:9 for the rest of the day

no one ever told me. and i never was taught carb counting. un insured treatment for ya. patch me up and throw me out of the hospital on my own. i just inject as i feel needed.

My dr once told me that mine were unusual, and that 1:15 is more common. But this unscientific study makes me think I'm totally and completely normal! lol

Wolf -- there are books out there about carb counting. I resisted doing it for years b/c it seemed complicated, but when I finally started, it changed my life. I could eat pizza, cake, etc., and be under 200 later. I find I have to change my ratios from time to time. So it's not really a doctor-directed thing once you get the hang of it. But, without insurance, are you able to get enough strips to test? To see if a ratio is working, you really need to do post-meals.

Sarah i am able to get enough test strips because i went with a cheaper stop and shop recommended meter. i could not afford the one touch strips. i will research some sites on carb counting and experiment. i think what im doing is pretty good. but im not a doctor and i dont have the answers for myself so i might as well research as much as i can and find a plan for myself that is better then what i have now.

thanks for the response :)

Mine is 1:5 all the time.

1:15 for breakfast, lunch and snacks

2:15 for dinner

but i donno if i really follow it, as im usually guessing the number of carbs..

mine was 1 to 15 but about a week ago it changed to 1 to 12 bc my numbers are a little off =/

1:6 all day.

1:8 for breakfast, 1:10ish for the rest of the day.

I'm with you Wolf, I have no idea. Until I joined Juvenation I never was told/knew about ratios or counting carbs. I've only been told to watch calories.

I learn something new everyday on this site, thanks everyone !!

[quote user="orange_mms"]

I'm with you Wolf, I have no idea. Until I joined Juvenation I never was told/knew about ratios or counting carbs. I've only been told to watch calories.

[/quote]

I don't have one either.  I think it's a pump thing.  I think you can do it for shots too, but all pumpers do it.   At least that's what I've been able to gather from here and other places.

i started off with fixed doses, but about two years ago almost now got switched to carb ratios to see if it would level out my blood sugar..so far..nope not really! haha

[quote user="DDrumminMan"]

[quote user="orange_mms"]

[/quote]

I don't have one either.  I think it's a pump thing.  I think you can do it for shots too, but all pumpers do it.   At least that's what I've been able to gather from here and other places.

[/quote]

i had carb ratios before i was on the pump its just easier...you should figure yours out :)

[quote user="Greg Borkman"]i had carb ratios before i was on the pump its just easier...you should figure yours out :)[/quote]

Agreed!  Not very hard to figure out and makes things so much better control wise, I found anyways.

Mine is 1 : 7 all day