What about Type 1 being more Publitize!

I don't know if its just me but has anyone ever noticed that now there just starting to publitize type 1 diabetes a little more. I still get upset sometimes because Iv looked for new information and nothing seems to come up. Im a little disapointed in the face that type 1 is more dangerous than type 2 and 95% of everyone I come in conntact with don't even know about it. What I mean is everyother thing on tv or the internet or anywhere else is just for type 2. I know that they have the JDRF comercials but thats all Iv seen.

Like I said maybe I just haven't been looking in the right places. I just think it should become more know and out there for people to find.

Thanks

I COMPLETELY agree... I was just having this conversation with my husband yesterday morning.  One thing we do have to understand is that like you said 95% of the Diabetic population has type 2... so essentially (and I mean this in a nice way) they don't want to here about type 1... People want to hear about what effects them of their loved ones... That's exactly why we want Type 1 to be more publicized.  Im not saying it's fair its just the way it is.  Type 2 is more popular lol. 

That being said I so desperately wish that people could be educated on type 1... or at least the differences in the disease... I almost wish that they would just rename type 1 so as to mitigate the confusion, because type 1 and type 2 are really sooooooo completely different.

No answer here unfortunately ... but I know how you are feeling