Vaccine Booster Shot

Hi Dorie,

Thanks for the support! I have seen 8 - 10 different endos and only one was willing to consider allowing me to go back to MDI, but he wanted me to stay on the pump for at least another year before he would consider it. I only saw him once, because I was not happy with that response. Now that I’ve seen so many others, I am thinking about going back to him. Better 1 year than the rest of my life!

Pam K

I’m astounded, but no more so than you. I mean, why does the doctor want you to stay for another year? I can see continuing for a short time but you could provide medical records for him to review. SMH… You sound like you’re taking it in stride at least. Hang in there.

PamK, the relationship between patient and endo in the USA is obviously very different to here in Oz. Here they are expert advisers, but they cannot and do not dictate what you should do. Yes the endo asks me at least once each year if I’d consider going on a pump, I give my polite but firm answer, then we move on to the next topic de jour.

Living with T1 is a complicated business. A farmer is happiest when he’s on the farm tending his cows, not when he’s in a suit and tie and sitting at a desk. A person with T1 is best when they are happy with what they are doing, not when they are forced to deal with something that they would prefer not to. So building on an earlier point I made, they are forcing you into a stressful situation and bingo, what do they think the stress is doing to your levels?

Or have they even considered that?

I also noticed high BGL for a few days after I received my booster. Since I am “old school”, I just increased my injections and monitored frequently. Over my 61 years with T1, I have seen several endos, but if they became “pushy” and refused to listen to my preferences, I would stop seeing them.

3 Likes