Stupid people

ok my aunt just told me for the millionth time no cake for you even though my sugar is only 94!!!!!!!!!!!!! i told her that i could have what ever i wanted and i knew what i was doing. she desides i gave her atitude and told that "fine its your  health" and to "go ahead ruin it"...and now she wont talk to me. what do i do?

very simple answer: nothing.

there's no reason for YOU to do anything. she's the one who needs to step-up and be an adult about her mistake/misjudgement.

the most I would suggest doing is letting your parents know what happened and how it made you feel.

youre right of course but after having diabetes for almost two years now you would think that theyd believe me that i can eat whatever whenever

I would have to agree with Batts, alot of people think they know what is the best for us and the more we try to educate them it doesn't always work.

As for you saying nothing I would say that you are the only one that knows yourself and you know what you are doing when it comes to being T1. And other people show learn that and trust us when it comes to being Type 1, I mean we will ask for help when we need it.

Be I would also agree with Batts when she said to let your parents know what happened.

CJ

[quote user="izzy "]

youre right of course but after having diabetes for almost two years now you would think that theyd believe me that i can eat whatever whenever

[/quote]

You'd think so, but that's not how it works.

I still get the "are you sure you should eat that Natalie?" / "is your blood sugar okay enough to eat this?" from my mom and big brother after 15years.
It's less because they want to control what I eat, more because they care and want to make sure my blood sugars are alright. It still bugs me, and when I point out I know what I'm doing, they generally go "oh right, I almost forgot you're not 6 anymore". (they sometimes fall back into their old roles of taking care of me as a little kid needing that structure)...but it still happens.

What you need to do is remember to be polite when responding that you can, because getting huffy and puffy about it will only make them think you're giving them attidute(not saying you did with your aunt though).