Prom?

Well my prom was last Saturday, and I was just wondering how you guys hide, stash away your pump and tester. I had a pair of spandex under my dress and stuck the pum inside them, the only problem was that they're not as tight and during songs like teen spirit and loveshack it fell out lol! But I was wondering if you guys have any tricks cause I'll be wearing dresses to all the dances this and next year and since I just started the pump I'm not too sure how to do this. Thanks! :)

Okay, well i wear a uniform to school (skirt) haha, & usually i wear the spandex shorts to hold it in place, and then clip it though my underwear like strap, so it doesn't fall, and stays in place, thats how i always wear it now.

:)

I always just took shots during prom and whenever I don't have a good place to put my pump, especially when I'm going to be dancing. It's just easier to not have to deal with it. If your dress isn't low cut you can always stick it in your cleavage or just clip it on the back if you don't care that people see it. And then there is always ace bandage around your thigh!

I know that my sister and others will stuff their pumps in their cleavage...as for testers I would guess that a purse could be a winner?

Wearing my pump inside of my Spanx on my wedding day actually killed my pump.  (They overnighted me a new one.)  I would not recommend it!  It gets really warm, and there's the possibility of sweat seeping into it, if you're dancing that hard... haha. 

[quote user="Kim"]

and there's the possibility of sweat seeping into it 

[/quote]

I thought they were waterproof? not all of them are?

Minimeds aren't completely waterproof, especially if they have a slight crack in them somewhere.

I've seen people get pockets sewn into the inside of dresses as well! I think that's a very good idea!

[quote user="Pat"]

[quote user="Kim"]

and there's the possibility of sweat seeping into it 

[/quote]

I thought they were waterproof? not all of them are?

[/quote]

I had a Deltec Cozmo at the time...  I don't think they were completely water-proof, no.  Sad!  It died on our way to the reception.  My first thought was "Sh*t!  I'm not going to be able to eat my own wedding cake!"  Luckily my brother ran home for me and got my backup stuff.  What a guy!

i always wear mine in my bra and carry a purse.

I know that if you go to the website by your pump, often they carry cool little ways to carry/hide your pump.  I think Mimimed has a lot of goodies like that.  Unfortunately, I couldn't wear my pump long enough to use one.  Good luck!

My mom ordered me pump cases that have a stretchy, velcro belt that stays in place great! I wear dresses to school a lot so they definitely come in handy. If i find the website, I will post the link :)

I got married last June, and the seamstress sewed a pocket inside the dress for me to put the pump in.  When I wear a dress that won't allow a hidden pocket, I take off my pump, similar to swimming.  I go to the bathroom every hour or so to pump an hour's worth of basal, and any insulin to cover food, then put the pump back in my purse.  It actually works out very well, you just have to remember to cover the basal rate.