Problems with Halle Berry and her so-called diabetes

This is your cure?  Islet Cell transplantation?   It's a stretch to call this a cure.  These people have to take anti-rejection drugs.  Where are of these islet cells going to come from?  I went to a presentation by a doctor who had done a couple of these a few years back, and at least at that time was not ready for prime time.  Promising I suppose, but to say it's a cure that is being hidden from us is stretch.

I think that this whole situation just makes it that much harder for us because people then believe, because she's famous, that we can be cured. Which I believe is not true. JDRF and many other companies have been working on a cure for a very long time! If they had one, we'd know!!!

this guy is just starting to sound like that James dude....am I the only one thinking this??

i never said you couldn't have your opinion. i simply asked for proof that you weren't running your mouth off about nothing and the "proof" you provided turned out to not be a cure at all. "that dude" i was refering to, is a member who got banned last week or so, for posting about how he had the answers to diabetes.

if you took offense to me asking you for proof about your wild claim, it's not my problem.

How is your pancreas function now? Are your c-peptide results still increasing??

Sort of on the same order...how about Sherri Sheperd of The View...she is constantly saying she is a Type 1 Diabetic, but yet whenever there is any food on the set (especially carb loaded sweets), she is seen stuffing her face, without the slightest hint of testing her blood sugar before indulging...she is the epitome of a BAD Diabetic, which is sad because she has a great forum to be able to help and educate other about Diabetes.

i don't check my BG before every time i eat (then i would never stop checking my BG). here, we have no such thing as a bad diabetic. everyone had a different way of handling their D. i eat carb loaded sweets - no, not all the time. but i do enjoy them. i would also say that i have a tendency to stuff my face. my D is fairly well controlled, but i don't call myself perfect. and, if i were on a national TV show like she is, i probably wouldn't test either. the show is only an hour long, so you wouldn't think too much harm would be done.

In an interview, she said she was a type 2 diabetic.  -My 11 year old doesn't ALWAYS test before eating either. If she's tested/eaten something recently, she just adds for the carbs. We figure if she's already got carbs in her system, the test isn't really going to tell us much, so she doses, eats, and we sort it out later.

I cannot STAND Halle Berry!  I used to think she was all for type 1 advocacy, but now I think she's psycho when it comes to her and explaining her "diabetes."  Nothing makes sense that comes out of her mouth..

1 Like

wow! had no idea about this! she use to be my all time celebrity i really looked up to, guess i'm back to nick jonas now haha!

Halle Berry will be featured on next week’s episode of CBS Sunday Morning, airing Nov. 14,2021. If she wrongfully claims she cured herself of T1D with a low card diet, she’ll deal a huge blow to JDRF and all T1Ds. She’s been making this claim for years, as we all know there is NO cure for T1D. She probably had T2D, but refuses to accept this truth. I hope someone in JDRF media relations can contact CBS news BEFORE the broadcast, to at least supply a factual statement about T1D being incurable.

1 Like

Omg! I hope so as well. There is so much misinformation about this topic. Would CBS let her go unchallenged with such BS? I hope they do a disclaimer or something, if she goes there. Maybe, the JDRF needs to put something out there in response via tweeter or Instagram, if she blows it again.

Where did you see her as a CBS guest for this Sunday? I can’t find it online?

Hi - It was announced at the end of last Sunday’s episode.

1 Like

I hope so. Ordinarily I would’ve tried reaching out to upper management at JDRF to make them aware, but I made a long distance move this week so no time.

1 Like

I’ll watch and if she does make erroneous comments again and CBS does not challenge them, I will contact CBS about it. That show seems to be receptive to viewer feedback, though they may be hesitant to address comments made by Ms Berry. She is a big shot movie star. It would be better if objections came from a professional organization, imo.

Well, she didn’t mention diabetes. That’s good, but she might benefit from reading about the dangers of brain damage after suffering from multiple concussions. Repeated blows to the head are not something to be glorified. What’s wrong with this woman?

I don’t watch that show but remembered it was coming on so tuned in - literally five minutes before it ended. So thanks for the update @HighHope!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.