New Type of Insulin!

I just found out about this and they are currently doing research on it. I thought it was really cool!

http://www.smartinsulin.com/news/inthenews.html

This stuff sounds AWESOME BABY.  I hope they come out with it in my lifetime.

How ideal.....taking one shot a day and letting your body use the insulin when you need it......that would be sweet!!

It sounds like a "cure" to me!!  I just hope they can get it APPROVED before I pass on.  It would make having type 1 Diabetes almost a thing of the past for all of the kids who get whatever disease causes this.  I'm 58 and have had type 1 since I was 28, so thirty years.  I started out with insulin from cows and pigs!!!!  Also no such thing as testing ones own blood sugar,  It had to be done at the doctors office!

i brought this up in another forum about a year ago. this stuff is so cool! i can't wait to hear how clinical trials go.

I must have missed the other post. This does sound great. It would have to be smarter than I am these days with my doses. (:

Researchers keep holding out these carrots tempting us with good news but we never seem to see fruition. I hope this pans out!

They are saying they are probably going to start human trials soon. So far the trials they have done on pigs have been successful. Hopefully it does come sometime soon! "fingers crossed"

Back in the 1950s the physicians and pharmaceutical developers were preoccupied with "one shot per day", and that was the treatment we got.  We were stuck with the activity curve of whatever long acting insulin we were using, and had to eat based on that activity curve. The 2009 JDRF work sounds like it would be much better than the old days. But keep in mind that JDRF has not announced any new developments since 2009. 

I'm NOT holding my breath!!  Do you know how many promises about break-throughs have been made in my 30 years?    

[quote user="Tracey "]

I'm NOT holding my breath!!  Do you know how many promises about break-throughs have been made in my 30 years?    

[/quote]

Really, just tell me when and where I can buy it.  Until then, put a lid on it.