New Here!

Hi everyone,
I’m 19 years old and was diagnosed with type 1 about 6 months ago.
My blood sugar was at 38 when I was sent to the hospital for 5 days, apparently I’ve been living like that for a while.
I’m having a lot of trouble with adjusting my sugars to a healthy level and feeling good. Whenever my sugar is at a good number, I get the feeling of low blood sugar, and when it’s around 10 or higher, I feel fine. I know I can’t continue like this so I need some advice from anyone that’s had a similar situation maybe?? How can I get my sugars at a healthy number and not be shaky?
It is so frustrating!!!

Hi, Aligalli!

That’s scary! In my limited experience (I was diagnosed last summer), it just takes time and getting used to. My bg was over 600 when they found my T1. Even though I try and keep it in normal range, I still feel pretty awesome if it’s around 300. When I’m at 80 or 90, I sometimes feel bad!

So, the moral of the story is to celebrate that shaky feeling because it means that your bg is normal! After a few months, you hopefully won’t feel shaky there any more. The more consistently I control my bg, the better I feel at 90 and the worse I feel above 250. Keep checking your bg and stay safe.

Hello Aligalli,

I have been a T1D for about 6 1/2 years now and I know exactly what your going through! When my bg is High for a couple of days, I will feel really bad when my bg is 100mg/dl (5.6mmol/l), the same way when it’s too low for a while, I feel like it’s really high, when it’s 200mg/dl (11.1mmol/l)

The way I deal with it is to just let it be! I don’t do anything, soon after I feel fine and then my body gets used to it.
I would just check it often to make sure it really isn’t low :slight_smile:

I hope this helps!