Never never do this i learnd my leason

i whent black berry picking with my dad aka dad and son bonding time :). i had not eaten any brekfest and no lunch before we left. we parked and I left my buddy bag wich is my tabs and gokagon kit and iceing, tester in and i left it all in the truck under the seat and whent out to find some black berrys and i have the pump and i had not walked ruged tran with my pump yet so i was starting to feel low and week but did not say any thing walked at least two and half miles in to the woods with out any of my stuff. so then once we got bak to th truck I did a bg test and i was like 52 and i drank some juice and tabs and felt beter and then whent to the next parking spot and felt good.

good thing you are ok.

yea i know and bad part to was my cell phone was in the truck to.

[quote user="Casey"]bad part to was my cell phone was in the truck to.[/quote]

then you wouldnt be able to phone for help when you got really low!

yea i know rite thats why i leard my leson

good. some times you have to learn the hard way. just like im going to learn to study for tets the hard way. one day im going to fail a test because i didnt study and i will be devastated

... you aren't a very successful blackberry picker are you? I kid.

Yep, you should also use a temporary basal rate while hiking too. When I hike I lower by basal rate about 40% to 25% depending on how strenuous the hike is. =) Of course you know now to not leave your stuff in the car.

Better luck picking berries next time!

i bet you wont want to go berry picking for a while! next time you'll find you forgot to pack sugary stuff and you are low!

Maybe he'll eat more berries along the way =)

Well i went out the very next day to pick and pick a half a bucket then the next day after that we picked 8 qurts. pluse i ate food before i left.

well the thing is i hunt and i can walk for hours in the woods so i have no clue what to do becues i  hunnt in the cold neis and i have tons of cloths on and  i ahve think heavey boots on so i have no ieda what to do.

never go anywhere without your D equipment/gear/supplies. you know as well as i do. you can pretty much be ok all the time when you have everything with you that you need. the second you go somewhere without it. you know D is going to make an attack on you. its just the way it is. murphys law for ya. at least you are ok. be careful next time.

oh of cores i will just wanst thinking.

i hear ya brother. i do it all the time.  im just as guilty. but a simple error like that can be a quick end for us.

yea i know bad thing to was i had huge pockets on my pants so.

[quote user="Casey"]

yea i know bad thing to was i had huge pockets on my pants so.

[/quote]

you are lucky you even have pockets! most of my pants dont have pockets, 2 of my pants came with a pocket on the inside that i can just get my pump into there and all my other pants that have pockets are really small. i can get my pump in there and even that can be uncomfertable

I usually carry a purse, which holds all the essentials.  If I am going to be, for example, hiking in the woods, I wear a "fanny pack", one of those belts with pouch(es) that hang off of it.  Very practical.

[quote user="Nads"]

I usually carry a purse, which holds all the essentials.  If I am going to be, for example, hiking in the woods, I wear a "fanny pack", one of those belts with pouch(es) that hang off of it.  Very practical.

[/quote]

thats what i have but i was not think so  but i want forget any more.