Neuropathy

I've looked it up online but i'm REALLY confused about it.

So I'm going to ask those with neuropathy to help me out! (thanks in advance!)

I've been having tingling feelings in my lower left arm, mostly in the hand. The other day, the tingling was SO bad my index finger could not be straightened when i clutched and unclutched my hand. not horribly bad, but it hurt and was obviously not as straight as my other fingers. it kinda felt like when i would get a foot cramp when i was little and my big toe and the next toe would almost cross because of the cramp..which hurt a lot but only last a few minutes.

today i was headed to one of our theatres on the otherside of downtown(about a 15min walk) and not even half way there my right shin started to kill me. not so much tingling but really tense and painful. my calves usually tense up when i do a lot of excerise, but i've noticed more of that lately..and the last couple days my shins hurt too.

I go see my endo tomorrow, so I'm gonna ask him about it and I'm probably panicking over nothing but I was just wondering if those of you with neuropathy had those kinds of symptoms in the beginning?

I've gone 16years without any sign of complications, MDI and just recently on the pump..where my levels have started to fluxiate a lot more than before(i get more lows now than i did on MDI) and so this is really freaking me out.

Hey! I have something that my dr. told me is related to neuropathy which causes *extreme* itching in my legs when I walk / exercise too much. The tingling sounds a little like that. I've heard neuropathy is more typically painful, but I (knock on wood) haven't had that.

The good news is my endo said increasing my control could make it get better. I was around 7.1 or 7.2 then (had a bad experience trying the pump, lol). Now I'm in the 5's or 6's. It's gotten slightly better, where it bothers me sometimes and limits my exercise, but I haven't resorted to any of the scary medicines for it.

Good luck! Hopefully it's something else! Maybe when you get your numbers more even w. the pump it will get better?

that sure sound like nuropothy. i got it a little while ago and it only hurts me sometimes, but it really hurt a lot when i was 1st Dxed with it. i gose away for a lot of people after a while

[quote user="Sarah"]

Hey! I have something that my dr. told me is related to neuropathy which causes *extreme* itching in my legs when I walk / exercise too much. The tingling sounds a little like that. I've heard neuropathy is more typically painful, but I (knock on wood) haven't had that.

The good news is my endo said increasing my control could make it get better. I was around 7.1 or 7.2 then (had a bad experience trying the pump, lol). Now I'm in the 5's or 6's. It's gotten slightly better, where it bothers me sometimes and limits my exercise, but I haven't resorted to any of the scary medicines for it.

Good luck! Hopefully it's something else! Maybe when you get your numbers more even w. the pump it will get better?

[/quote]

Eep, well at least it's not sounding too bad..when i think of Diabetic Neruopathy, I always think of getting your foot amputated and such..I know that's an extreme, but that's the fear that's been put into my head.

I'm actually going tomorrow to see about stopping the pump..it's really not working for me. that or trying a different short acting and then waiting another 3months and deciding.

[quote user="Adriana SHAZAM!!!"]

that sure sound like nuropothy. i got it a little while ago and it only hurts me sometimes, but it really hurt a lot when i was 1st Dxed with it. i gose away for a lot of people after a while

[/quote]

that's good to know, thanks :)

Sorry the pump isn;'t working out for you. I know it's great for a lot of people, but wasn't for me... Hopefully things work out either way for you!

i asked my doc and he doesn't think its diabetic neuropathy. in jan when i go for my extra tests, he put down calicum and such tests as well.

I guess that's good news, but hopefully they can figure out what's wrong and it's something minor!

[quote user="Sarah"]

I guess that's good news, but hopefully they can figure out what's wrong and it's something minor!

[/quote]

yeah! i'm hoping i'm just lacking something in my diet and it's an easy fix!