Medtronic MiniMed 670G with SmartGuard user opinions?

Thank you for your excellent post! As far as auto mode having to learn your body here is my experience. My bg’s would always skyrocket during intense workouts. We decided that I should drop out of auto mode and use a temp basal at 200% and that worked great. Then I got lazy and after a few weeks auto mode caught on. It has been doing a great job of keeping up with my workouts and I’ve not had to fiddle between auto and manual in quite a while. It’s pretty awesome.

Thanks for the idea!

If I’m understanding correctly, maybe I don’t manually adjust anything for a couple weeks and give it chance to catch up to the bedtime highs?

I’ll see if that works.

1 Like

If you are comfortable doing that, I think it might work…I don’t know for certain, but I do know it worked for me! Good luck and I hope it works!!! Now that I don’t have to fiddle with automode any more, I am thrilled with my pump! I’ve even given up with the idea of having tighter control.

Although that being said, I hope in the future they will allow for changes in the average SG. 130, I feel, is a little too high.

Save your money and stay with your current setup. Pump sucks suspect at best. Readings are always off and automode is a joke. It’s just wishful thinking with Engineers. REALLY?

My son is 2 and is on it! I’m very pleased!! It makes things so much easier. Of course there’s the care of it, but it definitely puts my mind at ease!! Love iy! Highly recommend

1 Like

Today while driving, my 670g shutdown and rebooted. This threw me out of auto mode and have not been able to get it back in due to a message of readiness reading, “Active Insulin Updating.” What is going on here? Why did it reboot in the first place? Just replaced the battery a day ago and cap is secure.