Let's Cure Diabetes! Fundraising and Awareness Project

Hey there guys,

First of all, let me introduce myself! I'm Julian, 16 years old, and I was diagnosed with type 1 almost two years ago.

I'm sure you'll all agree that diabetes awareness and research are both very important, and the the general public doesn't necessarily understand what type 1 entails, etc.

Keeping this in mind, I started a personal project entitled "Let's Cure Diabetes!", a non-profit website/charity that can be found at http://letscurediabetes.org, which is basically comprised of two elements:

• a short, concise, description of the disease, a "Diabetes for Dummies" of sorts. 
  • a t-shirt store revolving around the theme of "Let's Cure Diabetes", with 100% of profit going to the JDRF.

As a diabetic, I feel a responsibility to promulgate awareness and make use of my interest in web-development and design.

I just wanted to present this project to you lot, see what you think, etc. If you have any recommendations or ideas, I'd be grateful to hear what you have to say.

Likewise, if you have any suggestions as to how we can share this, really get it out there, I think that this could really help in raising awareness and funds for type 1 diabetes.

So, whatdya say?! :)

I hope I posted this in the right forum by the way, relatively new to the community ;)

Cheers,

Jul

Wow Julian, you are so talented!  I really love the design of your website.  I would love to see some T-shirt designs incorporating the phrase "Type 1."  I would buy one for sure!

Molly