Lada?

Just curious if anyone on here has been diagnosed with LADA (Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults), sometimes called Type 1.5?

I was diagnosed with LADA two years ago at the age of 54.  It might be called Type 1.5, but it presented as good old Type 1 for me, just many decades later than usual.

Yeah, I agree!  I sometimes think someone just invents new ways to describe the same old thing to get an advanced degree, or money for research, etc.  I know if makes some people feel better to think they "don't really have Type 1", but if you have to take insulin for the rest of your life, what's the difference?  When I was diagnosed at 23, they told me I have "MODY" diabetes, which I think stands for "Mature Onset of Diabetes of Youth."  Whatever.  A thorny rose by any other name...

Yes, I was diagnosed 1.5 at age 64. The last two years very difficult.
Still need very little insulin (no more than 3-4 units a day of bolus, 3 of basal)
but I just can’t get stable readings. I spike, then treat it minimally, but I almost
then always go low, then eat glucose and high again. I wonder if it has anything to do with
the 1.5 or my age? I am keeping complete records, weighing food now, no starch, etc. etc.
and do the same exact thing for 2 days in a row and the second day get completely different results.
I guess I’m off the subject.

Yes, just diagnosed last week at 37 with LADA/Type 1. I still have a control over my glucose levels and I just started insulin last night(4 units every night). Keeping the diet on track will be tough…

I was diagnosed 2 weeks after i turned 5… :slight_smile: so, i dont think i have that! :slight_smile: lol

Gabrielle,
How are you doing? You’ve probably had to learn so much
and go through so much already. I think you are incredible.
Keep posting. You are a hero in my book.
Boulevard