Ipod Touch/iPhone apps for blood sugar

I know this was touched on in the past, but I thought I'd ask you all to revisit.  What is your favorite app for blood sugar?

I was looking at online sites such as sugarstats as a way for us to communicate with our teen about how his number are doing when he is away at dance camp for six-week this summer.  My husband asked what I was doing and said, "oh, if he just had an app for his ipod Touch, he'd be great."

So, is there an app where the info goes to a website for that we could see what his numbers are like?

I currently use Islet for my iPod touch.

It's a fantastic and simple app that tracks glucose, insulin, carb intake, and exercise. You can even email the data to yourself for printing out.

It even graphs the data which you can save as a picture in the app and then also email that to yourself, or whoever.

Data entry is incredibly easy and you can customize the types of insulin you take and easily select which one you are giving to yourself when you enter the units.

All in all, it's a great application and it's rock solid, has great support, and is only $2.99. I think it's a lot better than a lot of the other diabetes apps on the App Store as it doesn't try to do a lot of things like ridiculously inaccurate food databases and other bloat features. Islet keeps it simple and stable, and it really makes keeping track of my diabetes something that I enjoy because of the simplicity.

It's second nature to have my iPod touch right next to my meter when checking my glucose, and it feels really good to know that by documenting all of this, I am staying on top of my diabetes.

You can buy Islet by going here for a link to the App Store: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/islet-diabetes-assistant/id294770449?mt=8

Hope that helps! Good luck!

From your description, it sounds like you are not using a pump. Can you tell if Islet includes any features intended for pump users?

Tom,

I was recently just diagnosed in Febuary, so you'd be right, I'm not using the pump, yet. Hopefully though by early next month I will be getting a One Touch Ping and begin pumping.

I've been doing a lot of reading about pumping and have a pre-pump class tomorrow with my diabetes center, but at this point I'm not actually sure if Islet will be helpful for pump users. I do love it and think it's a great application, but again, I'm just not entirely sure how practical it is for pump users yet, especially since I'm not on one.