Insulin resistance or sensitivity?

I wana know if anyone has either insulin resistance or sensitivity? I found out i'm developing insulin resistance ugh.

Of course you are becoming insulin resistant...because it's not real insulin! Stop taking fake insulin and start strengthening your pancreas. Go to www.NoMoreVitamins.com

it is an insulin analog made from a bacteria....of course it is not real insulin...but is the only thing keeping us with type 1 diabetes alive. So please do not post your junk about a 'wonder cure' or that you became type 2 overnight because once you are diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, you have it for life

Just wanted to share my experience, since your question was sent to me, but I can see you prefer to have diabetes, so I will not mention a word to you again about it. And there is no "cure" for anything, it takes a serious diet adjustment to achieve any real health and that's all I shared with you. Of course it wasn't over night, that's not possible. Anyway, good luck with your insulin. In the future, you might want to inquire first, before making threats to a stranger who just wanted to help.

Reversed,

I am really sorry to tell you, but there is NO CURE FOR DIABETES!! You claim that you had type 1 and then got cured and became a type 2, well, what really happened was you were misdiagnosed. You cannot go from type 1 to become a type 2. There is no cure, plain and simple. You need to quit lying to the public and better educated diabetics than yourself.

That's hilarious that Reversed is a real person.  First message looked like a spam.  Of course anyone who knows about diabetes knows that type 1 can't be cured with vitamins or healthy living.

Re:  your question of insulin resistance...

Go online or get a copy of "Think Like a Pancreas" and see how your insulin needs compare to someone at your weight.  You may be within the average, even though you're taking more insulin than you used to.   Some people just need more insulin than others do.  I've always been super insulin sensitvie, even though I've had diabetes a long time and have gained weight in the last few years.

Do you use a pump?  Most people have a decrease in daily insulin when switching from shots to pump.  Losing weight, eating lower carb, walking or swimming laps, and trying some of the type 2 drugs like Metformin and Symlin can help type 1s too.  Try some different things and see how you do.

On a side note, I joined Weight Watchers recently because I still hadn't lost my baby weight and my "baby" is starting kindergarten this year.  Felt like I basically ate healthy, but since starting WW I've lost a couple pounds a week and my daily insulin has dropped by 1/3!  I was shocked by how a small change made such a big difference in my dose.  

I have the book 'think like a pancreas' and love it. I refer to it often. my doc put me on metformin (500 mg twice a day), and count my carbs religiously. i'm starting to feel a lot better.

If there is no cure for diabetes, why do you bother to try supposed new medical treatments? You obviously want to cure your diabetes, that's why you keep trying new things. If you could only see how incredibly foolish you sound. I doubt you would know a cure if it fell into your lap and said daddy.

If there is no cure for diabetes, why do you bother to try supposed new medical treatments? You obviously believe a cure for diabetes is possible, that's why you keep trying new things. And did you just say you can't cure disease with healthy living?? Wow...you have got to be insane to believe that. I feel so sorry for you. With that much skepticism, you wouldn't notice a cure even if it was staring right at you.

Reversed,

Again, there is NO CURE, yet, for diabetes. You are obviously very delusional and going through the denial stage of your diagnosis. If you were cured and if there was a cure, millions of diabetics would not be diabetics. I am asking you nicely to research your disease and learn all you can. I have researched and no matter how good your diet is or how well you control your lood sugars, you havre diabetes. You haven't had it long and may want to say that you have been cured, but the reality is, no you have not. If you were originally diagnosed type 1, it was a mistake and the reason was your sugars were so high that the doctor didn't realize that you were a type 2. You need to quit telling these people with diabetes, that there is a cure. Scientist are working on it and you may feel good now being on a very strict diet, but it is not a cure.

I have been a type 1 for 43 years next month and keep waiting for a cure. My pancreas does not produce insulin and has not since I was a child. I have done a lot of research and have even been involved in some of the research being done in the early 1980s. When there is a cure, I will know it. Don't call those of us that know better than you stupid, ignorant, or blind. We are not. We are just realist and know that as of yet, there is no cure.

Reversed-

If someone had cancer do you consider them cured while they are getting chemotherapy?  Of course not.  They aren't cured until they receive no medical treatment and are cancer-free.  So if that person got chemo treatments for the rest of his life, you wouldn't consider that a miraculous cure.  The same is true with diabetes.  It can be treated, but not cured.  

Like others have said, you're mixing up type 1 and type 2.   Type 1 means the pancreas doesn't make insulin.  Only about 10%  of diabetics are type 1 and it's typically diagnosed in children or young adults.  Before insulin injections became available in the 1920's being diagnosed with type 1 was a death sentence.  Thankfully we have insulin now and all sorts of other treatments, but it still can't be cured.

Type 2 diabetes is insulin resistance, so the body makes insulin but doesn't use it effectively.  It can't be cured either, but treatments can help people be symptom-free.  It's a genetic disorder. There are risk factors like being overweight and  older, but thin people are sometimes diagnosed with type 2 and not all obese people get it.  A person has to have a genetic predisposition to develop diabetes.  

I hope you're just trying to get a reaction and don't actually believe what you've posted here.  

-Jenna

Reversed-

You maybe in what is called the Honeymoon stage. Some times after a type 1 diag and you start insulin your body starts making a little again and with very measured control you can prolong this, but if it is really type 1 as all Honeymoons end so will this one. Just keep checking your self and stay on top of it. Good luck to you and learn all you can about it. I will be praying for you.

Why is this soo hard for anyone to believe on Juvenation? I have even endured ridicule, sarcasm and hate speech just for sharing my success story. I thought I could help people here but I see I am just hated and not believed. Are so many here so brainwashed into believing diabetes will only be cured from a pill or a shot that when a natural treatment comes along that truly does heal the pancreas, no one will believe it and even find excuses as to why it won't? All I did was go to NoMoreVitamins.com and started drinking their Super YASAi 6 tspns each day. Now 4 months later I am no longer Type 1, I am type 2. And it's food, so no side-effects. Don't want to believe that? fine! don't believe it then! Your punishment will be your continued suffering with diabetes. I on the other hand, will soon be diabetes-free and all of you extreme skeptics will still be one day closer to death. May God have mercy on your extremely brainwashed souls. Don't worry though, I will still pray for you all to open your eyes to the truth.

I am not having issues with resistance at this time but my daughter is become resistant over the years. She has had Type 1 since she was 9 months old (she's 20 now), so she has had it a lot longer than me.

You are not hated! We have empathy and sympathy for your lost soul. You atre not cured! You want to believe that you are. Which is fine, but the reality is that as of now there is no cure. I am not brain washed and neither are the others. You have had good luck with a product that is helping you maintain your blood sugars. Great! But you have not found some miracle cure!

This is no miracle and no cure darn you. Why do you keep saying that? It is a serious diet adjustment. Btw, only brainwashed people overuse the term miracle cure. I am only talking about FOOD. If you spent half the energy you have been using to disbelieve there is a natural treatment for healing the pancreas that isn't a drug but a powerful food that can heal your pancreas, you would be on your way to feeling like I do now. Only a child says it won't work without trying it. Are you a child? What do you have to lose? It's just food! I just want to help. I wouldn't normally endure such extreme skepticism that I have experienced here on Juvenation, but I truly want to help even just one person feel the way I do. Whoever that person is will also have to endure extreme skepticism on Juvenation when he or she shares their success story, too. Check it out: NoMoreVitamins.com

Again, I'm just trying to help, however difficult that is for you to understand, that is all I want to do.

Reversed,

I am not willing to go to your website. It's a policy of mine. I don't go to websites that look like they could harm my computer with viruses.

But I am more than willing to listen to you make your case here, if you're willing to do so. I would genuinely love to hear you outline your method of reaching a cure. Please detail the regimen that must be followed as well as your understanding of the underlying science. Physiologically, what is occurring?

I eagerly await your response.

I to am willing to listen, but not visit a website as well. Any information that you can give here would be wonderful. What types of foods are we talking about.  

NoMoreVitamins.com is not my website. I am not affiliated with that company at all. I just eat their food and order off their website and the results are what I have been trying to express here for the last week. I doubt they even know I am championing their food. I found them through this article: thehealthfoodguru.com/the_real_cause_of_your_illness

I started on Super YASAi, the ingredients are listed right there on their website and it's all plants, ONLY.

I mix it with water in the morning and at night at bed time and that's it. You always absorb faster with powder; pills and tablets weaken digestion further I have learned. I was still taking drugs and doing my insulin shots every day while taking Super YASAi; now I am off insulin! Can you understand why I am still motivated to help someone here on Juvenation, even after having to listen to extreme skepticism, even after having to listen to some hate speech, too? If this happened to you, wouldn't you want to scream it off the roof top? Well I can't, so I came to Juvenation. I was truly shocked from the negative reaction I received. I thought people would be happy for me, but instead I have been called a scammer and even delusional. Well, getting off that insulin after many years certainly feels awesome and that's not delusional, I promise. Again, this not a cure and this not a miracle! This is a serious diet adjustment that I did and it took a little over 3 months for my doctor to diagnose me with Type 2, after having Type 1 for 8 years before. I understand the extreme skepticism on Juvenation. Everyone here I am sure has been dissapointed by different treatments for years and probably did try many, so after a while you just tell yourself, "nothing works and I will stick with drugs and shots". I am here to tell you that if I continued thinking that way, I would still be taking insulin today! The fact that it is just food was my deciding factor. It's much safer than any drug you are all already taking, that's for sure. I still take about 6 or 7 teaspons each day. I look forward to the day when my doctor tells me I no longer have Type 2, either! I know that will be soon. Though I am sure no one will believe that here on Juvenation, either.

If your policy keeps you from getting the information you need to heal your pancreas, you are only hurting yourself. NoMoreVitamins.com is not my website. I am not affiliated with that company at all. I just eat their food and order off their website and the results are what I have been trying to express here for the last week. I doubt they even know I am championing their food. I found them through this article: thehealthfoodguru.com/the_real_cause_of_your_illness

I started on Super YASAi, the ingredients are listed right there on their website and it's all plants, ONLY.

I mix it with water in the morning and at night at bed time and that's it. You always absorb faster with powder; pills and tablets weaken digestion further I have learned. I was still taking drugs and doing my insulin shots every day while taking Super YASAi; now I am off insulin! Can you understand why I am still motivated to help someone here on Juvenation, even after having to listen to extreme skepticism, even after having to listen to some hate speech, too? If this happened to you, wouldn't you want to scream it off the roof top? Well I can't, so I came to Juvenation. I was truly shocked from the negative reaction I received. I thought people would be happy for me, but instead I have been called a scammer and even delusional. Well, getting off that insulin after many years certainly feels awesome and that's not delusional, I promise. Again, this not a cure and this not a miracle! This is a serious diet adjustment that I did and it took a little over 3 months for my doctor to diagnose me with Type 2, after having Type 1 for 8 years before. I understand the extreme skepticism on Juvenation. Everyone here I am sure has been dissapointed by different treatments for years and probably did try many, so after a while you just tell yourself, "nothing works and I will stick with drugs and shots". I am here to tell you that if I continued thinking that way, I would still be taking insulin today! The fact that it is just food was my deciding factor. It's much safer than any drug you are all already taking, that's for sure. I still take about 6 or 7 teaspons each day. I look forward to the day when my doctor tells me I no longer have Type 2, either! I know that will be soon. Though I am sure no one will believe that here on Juvenation, either.