Identical Twins

I have identical twin 8 year old boys.  12 days ago one of them was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes.  It has been extremely rough on him, me(mom), and the family.  I have been on an emotional roller coaster ever since. Countless tears and anxiety.  The finger pokes and day time shots are going along well finally. 

However, the night time shot of Lantus hurts and stings him real bad. It is heart breaking.  After 46 minutes of him saying hateful things like-"I would rather not be in this world than have Diabetes. What did I do so wrong to deserve this? I should have ate healthier."  Then he switched to attacking me with his words.  Saying "You are giving me DRUGS! You like giving me shots!"    I finally left the room and he followed me saying he was going to die if I did not give him his shot and the police were going to come take me to jail b/c I would not give him his shot.  I told him to forget it and to just go to sleep we would do it later.  Ever since I have been sneaking up into his room about 45 minutes after he goes to sleep and giving him his Lantus in his buttocks.  He does not wake up.  Sometimes he moves and scratches after I give it to him.  He knows that I do this and it does not bother him.  Many nights I would like to go to sleep earlier, but I have to wait for him to sleep.  Plus I am still checking his BS at 3am.

I have thought about having the other twin tested for the antibody but then I think do I want to know?  Do I want to know now with everything going on?  Could I handle it?  I think it would completely do me in.  I also have a 3 year old daughter.  Any thoughts???

sounds like your son has as much stress as you - poor guy.

You have a lot to deal with right now, maybe try to not think about the prospect of your other children developing diabetes just yet. Take the time to just focus on what you and your son need to do. After things settle down then revisit the idea of having his twin tested or not.

Hang in there - it is really hard in the beginning getting used to it all.