I need help with getting test strips, please help me!

Hi,

I am writing this because I need help. I have no health insurance and I need ONE TOUCH ULTRA testing strips. I don't have a doctors appt until October 18, and I have been without the strips for almost 3 days now. I tried to go online to different websites that say they will ship them to you for free but all of them require you to be on medicaid or have some type of insurance. I feel trapped and very upset. If you know some place that could help me please let me know. Or if someone has the same monitor as me and could help me out, I will be forever grateful. I don't have a lot of money because of the economy and My husband lost his job in july. I need to get help soon. I am sorry for all of this. I hate asking people for help but please I am not doing to well I have no way of knowing what my blood sugar is and its getting harder every day. I thank you all for reading this and I know you all will understand. Please let me know....

~Debra

Hi Debra - I just sent you a private message.  I'd love to help.

alot of places will give away free meters that come with testing strips, so I'd call all your pharmacies and doctors to see if they can help you out. It wouldn't be consistent to be switching meters all the time, but far better than not testing at all.

this website sells at normal prices, but shipping is always free

http://www.healthwarehouse.com/diabetic-supplies/diabetic-test-strips

use the promotion code:    fd5

to get 5% off at check out

Thank you I will definately look into that website. I appreciate your help andie! And Kim I just replied to your message and Thank you very much again! I appreciate it more than you will ever know. 

i will go to the website Andie say to go to that is where my mom get my from.

I can send you some of mine.  I usually have a couple of extra boxes of 100 One Touch Ultra strips.  My endo prescribes me more than I use just in case.  I also do mail in orders, so I receive a 3 month supply for the cost of 2!  Message me if you still need some.

Best wishes!

~Dy

Debra,

I have extra supply and would be happy to send you as many as I can.  Send me a reply and contact info if you still are in need.

Take care,

Christine

I just read this forum and wanted to tell everyone how amazing I think you all are for jumping in and helping a person that is in need.  I am glad to be in the presence of such loving and kind people.

I want to thank everyone for trying to help me. You all are so caring and wonderful, I dont have enough words to thank you all for the support and the loving feeling I get from everyone. Thank you all of you! 

Debra, it looks like people are getting you out of your immediate pinch... I also wanted to mention that the RoliOn strips, sold only at Walmart, are probably the cheapest around.  Their meters aren't free, but I'd actually be happy to mail you my Relion Micro.

I originally purchased it within a couple weeks of being diagnosed, because getting that meter and 50 over-the-counter strips for $20 was like 75% cheaper than buying a box of strips for the Freestyle I had at the time.  If I didn't have insurance of any kind, Relion is what I'd stick with... even though I don't like Walmart much!  If you ever find yourself in an immediate bind again, it might be easier for you to scrape up $20 for Relion strips at Walmart.

If you think having the Relion meter would be useful, message me your mailing address. 

-Elizabeth

Debra -

Still in need? We are local to you, have a One Touch supply and willing to help. Let me know if you need them.

Braith

Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for helping me and caring about me! I hope one day when you are in need of anything you will all just send me a message and I will be so honored to help you all out in any way that I possibly can. It has been a rough last couple of days, I am grateful for all the support and love that you are all sending my way. I will be ok now, and its all because of you all! I can't find the words to express my gratitude for all of you in helping me and caring about me in my time of need. Thank you again again and again! 

Love, 

Debra

When we were hurting for some test strips I called a local hospital with a diabetic center in it. I was told if they had free samples they would give them to you. So yeah I called and asked they didnt have any one touch strips BUT the lady called the manufacturer or local distributor. They ended up over nighted me 100 test strips and a new meter free of charge.

[quote user="Jessica "]When we were hurting for some test strips I called a local hospital with a diabetic center in it. I was told if they had free samples they would give them to you. So yeah I called and asked they didnt have any one touch strips BUT the lady called the manufacturer or local distributor. They ended up over nighted me 100 test strips and a new meter free of charge. [/quote]

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for that information. Maybe I should try that in the future if (god forbid) I ever need to go thru this again. I thank you all so much for helping me...

Thanks again,

Debra

Try the website www.needymeds.com - the one touch meter and strips are available for free for individuals who do not have prescription insurance.  You will have to complete the application and have a prescription written by your doctor - Good Luck!

Almost all drug and med device manufacturers will have some sort of assistance program on their websites. Also something to keep in mind in the future - should be able to go to OneTouch's site and look for something along the lines of "Need help with prescriptions?"

Hi Debra,

I buy mine at diabetesupplies4less.com     I can get a box of 50 for between $25 and $30, and orders over $100 are free shipping.  They are sometimes close to the expiration date which is why they are cheapre, but are good for many, many months past that date.  They don't require insurance information; I always submit mine separately.

Cindy