Help with Caregivers, Grandparents, etc

So, my daughter is 9 yrs old now.  Diagnosed on 10/29/10.  She is doing great.  Although, family members do not know how to care for her.  She also wants to do sleep overs and the parents give us the "deer in headlights" look when we explain things to them.  Do you have the same situation?

Well, we did something about it.  We created the Diabetes Champ Chart.  It is great for teachers, camp counselors, grandparents and more.  We just launched this at the Friends for Life conference in Orlando last week.

If you need help, check out www.DiabetesChamp.com  

Renee

That's a great idea. Wish we could use it but we count carbs, fat, and protein. Doesn't seem like too many diabetics on here count all those things. These will be discussed at our next endo appointment.

Hi Teameddle1,

How does counting all of those things work for you? I don't usually count protein, I think if I did I would definitely go low. But, I do take carbs and fat into consideration especially with high fat meals like chinese food or pizza, fast food type meals. I use a dual wave bolus for those types of meals. But, I don't really eat such high fat meals that often.

It's a lot of work and a pain. I understand that the doctors want good nutrition with a variety, but sheesh it's a bit much. We found him a new endo and are excited to hear what she has to say. We've been going to children's hospital and have had one two many problems with them. One too many oops. We will now have just one doctor not a bunch of doctors and pa's. We will not be just a number anymore :)