First pregnancy with T1D and frequent highs

Wow — was that from a 6.9 to a 6.1 in three months? That’s incredible! Not too many lows, I hope?

We’re all just thrilled you’ve got the support you need. Thanks for letting us know, and happy pregnancy!

@srozelle Not too many lows luckily! It was probably closer to 4 months since my last A1C but at that time my husband and I had started having conversations about pregnancy and I knew I needed to work on lowering it with the hope of a happy and healthy pregnancy and baby! :slight_smile:

Well done - congratulations!

Yay!!! Then it sounds like you are well on your way. Congratulations! Babies are wonderful.
Tiring. But wonderful. :partying_face:

That’s excellent news. Congratulations on your A1C levels. To tell you the truth you’re doing a lot better than I am and you’re juggling pregnancy with being a T1D, well done, I’m embarrassed. It sounds like you’re doing everything as good as you can along with your doctors approval and for that you need to feel an accomplishment. Keep up the good work and let us know how things progress with doctors appointments and baby checkups, it kind of makes us feel like we’re apart of this adventure.

Hey there! I’m also in my first trimester, about eight weeks along. This is my first. I’m 36.

I, too, have actually noticed some elevated sugars, rather than the typical lower ones associated with early pregnancy. My A1Cs are almost always under 7. My latest result was 6.8 last week. I’m seeing more 200s lately, but I do correct them quickly. I use a FreeStyle Libre, so I can test often without issue. I’m very glad to have the Libre right now.

My other condition is Hashimoto’s. My tsh was a bit elevated a week ago as well, so my levothyroxine was upped to 75 mcg from 50.

Hello. Wishing a happy Father’s Day to your family and especially daddy. Your little one is “in production” but fatherhood has begun. Enjoy your day and keep us posted on how you’re doing!

Hi, Ashley @ashleynlambert! Just came across another thread that might have useful information for you:

Hope all is well with you!