Donating to Diabetic Research

An in-law  just sent me the following message:

I want to make a contribution to an organization working on a cure for
diabetes.  Is the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation International the
best place, or do you have another suggestion?

So, folks, what do you think?  This is serious enough for me to send her the right answer.  I mean, I don't know that her contribution alone will find the answer, but she has some money.

local chapter of jdrf might be better.

You could also consider Denise Faustman's lab www.faustmanlab.org - she is raising all her funding independently of NIH or JDRF grants.

Her work is controversial - you can google her to see the varying opinions. But all I know are her or JDRF.

Barbara Davis Diabetes Research Institute of Colorado may also be a good prospect.  I'm not 100% sure it is based out of Colorado but just look up Barbara Davis.

Kim

JDRF

You could also do the American Diabetes Association but that is not focused so much on research - more education/prevention type stuff for both type 1 and type 2.

I always like JDRF.

JDRF! JDRF is specific to Type 1 research (whereas some other organizations are not).

JDRF is probably one of the best options out there as most of their research if not all of it is geared towards research for finding a cure to type one diabetes.

JDRF

You might encourage her to google different research areas...pick out a personal favorite and donate. 

[quote user="JDVsMom"]

You could also consider Denise Faustman's lab www.faustmanlab.org - she is raising all her funding independently of NIH or JDRF grants.

Her work is controversial - you can google her to see the varying opinions. But all I know are her or JDRF.

[/quote]

I'm all about Dr. Faustman!!!! I am trying to get into one of her studies and be a human lab rat.  Go the Faustman route, she isn't sponsored by any drug companies with agendas to keep us all using test strips, meters, insulin and other "diabetic products".  That's my paranoid two cents!