Do you use a medical ID?

I wear a medical bracelet with:

My name
Type 1 Diabetic
Insulin Pump User

My daughter has a MedicAlert bracelet.

I didn’t know it could be embedded in her non drivers ID…I’ll have to see if that’s true in Pennsylvania.

I would love to Have all our medical history on a car like the Drivers License.
When we go to any Doctors office or Medical Institute. You do not have to answer any question It is all there.

Dani @dsiizuka , in the state of Florida drivers have the volunteer opportunity to have “insulin dependent diabetes” included in the emergency action section of driver’s license; no questions asked or visible restrictions. I believe the same information can be added to the non-driver state ID card.

Kabir @kabir14 I don’t know of any cards on which medical information can be embedded in a mag-strip; and then of course doctor’s offices would need a reader. What I do to make matters simpler for updating info at doctor visits is to hand in a copy of my updated MedicAlert EMIR which I print and carry with me in my wallet. The MedicAlert Foundation [medicalert.org] encourages members to go on-line and keep information current. The form [mine fills two sides of an 8.5 x 11" print when I shrink font size] has whatever “history” one wants to enter, all medicines taken including dosing, emergency contact notifications, doctor names and contact. When I’m asked by a doctor to update - I hand the sheet and have a copy made; most doctor assist people prefer the printed copy to hurredly written pen & ink.

Having seen and been to the medical facility.
I very much wish there was a handy medical record. Which would make very handy for the professionals to access and take the required, Requirement

I have a bracelet but now that I think about it idk where it is :flushed:

I use a bracelet, and have for over 20 years. I tried necklaces but they bugged me. I’m lucky to have a sterling silver one now that doesn’t turn me green.
I’m going to get a tattoo, but will still wear the bracelet in case of emergencies, since that’s what EMTs look for.

Medic Alert ™ bracelet and wallet card. Helped quite a bit in the two situations over the past 45 years when I needed help due to hypoglycemia.

I am happy to say I just ordered a Medic Alert smart ID card https://www.medicalert.org/smart-medical-ID-card
When the card is scanned it will show whatever is in the record at the time so updates to the record will come up - no need to order a new card! $10.00 well spent I think.