Dexcom'ers, how long does your sensor adhesive stay on?

According to my local Animas rep, who I saw at the JDRF Walk yesterday, the Dexcom/Animas integration is slated for release in the first quarter of 2011.  Wouldn't that be great?

Wasn't it also slated for release in january 2010? 

I'm waiting SO EAGERLY. 

I get around 4 days from a sensor on my arms (don't tell) and up to 24 days on leg sensors with IV3000 helping out. When I leave a sensor on too long, I pull it off and end up with red, peeling skin around the base. Anyone else?

First Quarter/ January either works for me. I would love to go back to only having one thing in my pockets or hanging from me.

My arms can hang in for a bit with tape. I would love to say I hit 14 days but that is not normal. The adhesive and my love of HOT showers just does not work. Usually by day 14 I want to change it anyway, 24 days is just to much for me. I have had the red peeling skin you mention. That is why I switch to the other arm once I hit the total number of days the sensor will last for me. It makes life and my arms happier.

ok, so i just conducted a "mini-experiment." i left my censor in for as long as it could hold without adding any extra tape or using any band-aids. no extra sticky in any way. i used IV prep when i put it on - that's it. it held for 10 days and just (literally) fell out a few minutes ago.

not bad!

[quote user="C"]

ok, so i just conducted a "mini-experiment." i left my censor in for as long as it could hold without adding any extra tape or using any band-aids. no extra sticky in any way. i used IV prep when i put it on - that's it. it held for 10 days and just (literally) fell out a few minutes ago.

not bad!

[/quote]

Lucky.  I got 5-6 days most without it falling off if I didn't hold on to it.  Guess my skin isn't as Dexcom friendly.

[quote user="Ideen"]

Lucky. 

[/quote]

That made me think of Napolean Dynamite. Thank you for making me giggle.

Ok, so I'm already 7 days into my new sensor and the tape hasn't even started to peel yet! I tried sticking it in the squishy part of my butt. I dunno what it is about butt sensors, but they have magic adhesive in them! Too bad butt sensors get bruised and sore. Who wants to rub it? Heheheheheheheheehehehehe.

I used stickytac on this sensor, and I'm on day 4.5, with no signs of edges peeling up. I am so pleased. 

Hi, I use the nasal spray first on the area, Fluticasone,leaving an area open for the sensor needle.Then I cover that with Tegaderm, again, with an area open where the other stuff is. I don’t wash or shower over the site umless I put a zip lock type bag over the site and tape it down with water proof tape. After I am clean, just slowly take the bag off.The sensor is always dry.Stays in 1wk. Hope that helps. :wink: Bagguil/Barb

Mine usually lasts about 3-4 days, so all of these tips have been extremely useful. Thank you for posting, and thank you for all the replies!