Dexcom Training?

Hello everyone!! Quick update. I started my dexcom yesterday. We had a little snafu, if you will. I trained with someone and the first sensor I tried wouldn’t detach from the insertion device. So I had to pull it put and do another one. It wouldn’t even come out after we has taken it off my skin. My dad was trying to see if he could pull it out of the insertion device and it still wouldn’t come out :joy:Then the transmitter wouldn’t connect to my phone right away, maybe because my battery was low. But, that didnt bother me much, I just connected to the receiver instead. Next one went better. So, ended up being pretty good.

P.s I already called dexcom for a replacement.

Thanks for the update.

Wow, what an introduction. Kind of like my very first cannula insertion going wrong, despite in-person guidance with a trainer. We thought it was fine at first, but not only was it not delivering insulin it had hit a blood vessel. I complained to the trainer that it hurt and felt wrong, but she said she’d inserted one just to feel what it was like and it didn’t hurt and basically I was just being a baby. Nope. I was over 450 and climbing a few hours later, had to replace it on my own while fuzzy headed from the high, and had a bruise for a month. Next training session she said “Oh, you bruise easily.” :roll_eyes: No. It just went that badly on the first go.

So I feel you. But I’m glad you got the catastrophic bad luck out of the way right up front. Things should be much smoother from here.

That sounds awful. I am glad I got it out of the way in the beginning and while she was there!!

Hi @fieldiez ! Congratulations on getting started. A while back there were issues with sensor applicators not coming out - I thought (hoped) it was a production issues affecting certain older lots. Sorry to hear you found bad ones at the very start! I’ve been on the G6 for several months and never had the issue so hopefully future inserts will be better. People found they could remove it by whacking with a hairbrush but hopefully you won’t have any further problems.
I hope it helps give you additional peace of mind.

1 Like

Congratulations! Sounds like quite the introduction. Very glad you handled it as well as you did — let’s hear it for those problem-solving and coping skills! :bouquet:

1 Like

A tip on a side note - as you can see the transmitter is very small. Put the stopper in your sink if you place it there. So far I haven’t had any close calls but I would hate for my investment to literally go down the drain!

Thanks for the tip Dorie. I wouldn’t have though to do that!!