College Accomdations for T1D

@mollie1 As a college student with a similar story of being diagnosed at 15, I can understand. I am glad to hear that he continues to do well in school and with his A1c. I am 18 (almost 19) and in my freshman year. I asked for things like snacks, the ability to ask for extended test time (if sick or low/high bg), having water in class, excused for the bathroom anytime. The big one for me was early registration so that I could make my schedule around mealtimes because if not, I would have been scheduled for some classes during lunch hours (although I am at home this semester). My college told me that I would have to request an extended time for test with each individual teacher depending on if I need it. It depends on the school, but my school keeps everything private about condition except for what we need accommodations for.

Any other questions or want to chat more about it, let me know.

Honestly, I’m not worried about Covid. He had it in February and did fine. The worst part was that his Tslim died right in the middle of him being sick and it took 4 days to get a new one. UA hasn’t really had a problem with Covid this Spring and has plans to be back fully in-person in the Fall. There is a mask mandate now that expires 4/9.

Either way, I will request an accommodation in case he gets sick with anything. Thank you!

Thank you so much for your suggestions. I hate that your freshman year got messed up due to the pandemic.

Early registration sounds great! And, thanks for all of the other suggestions.

Blessings!