Blood sugar question

I'm not diabetic, but I have some questions about my blood sugar. I'm 15 years old. A while back I wasn't feeling good and nearly passed out so I went to the ER and they said my blood sugar was 50. That was after the panic of going to the ER, so it probably got lower than that. They gave me a can of pop and a half hour later I was 58, so they gave me a sandwich. I ate half of it and they tested and I was 182. They told me I had hypoglycemia and to keep snacks with me, but my blood sugar went up to 182. That just seems high to me. I got a meter and tested whenever I felt funny, which is usually after eating, and my typical trend is to go up past 160 no matter what I eat, which makes me feel kinda warm and sleepy, and then it comes back down. I haven't had any low blood sugar since that scary episode. I kinda stopped testing because I wasn't ever going low, but am I going too high? I just don't know what to do. I don't want to go back to the doctor if nothing's wrong. I've been feeling really tired for the past few weeks, and after I eat my mouth gets dry, and sometimes I get leg cramps. I don't know if any of it's related or not, I'm just trying to figure out if I have hypoglycemia.

With hypoglycemia you need to eat smaller meals often through the day, so blood sugar doesn't have a chance to go low.  It can be a precursor to developing diabetes in the future.

Any blood sugar over 140 is not normal for a non-diabetic.  If you test first thing in the morning (before eating) it should be less than 120.  

You should probably make a doctor appointment and explain in advance that you're concerned about your blood sugar.  They may ask you to do a fasting blood draw before the appointment.  

Jenna do you mean fasting blood sugar over 140?

Any blood sugar over 140.