Bi polar and diabetes type 1; is balance, happiness and hope possible?

i am back again on juvenation trying to find some answers to a very difficult situation.  having been diagnosed with both of these illnesses (type 1 for 25 years), i cannot seem to manage both.  there is very little on this subject online (i understand treatment is very individual).  one illness affects the other.  for years i have struggled w depression and i am completely deflated.  i have no desire to take care of myself or my diabetes.  i have tried some of the bi polar meds (Abilify) but they brought havoc on my blood sugar.  so currently i just take Effexor (altho i have taken Lithium, Despramine, Topomax) and it just takes the edge off.  making the situation worse is i no longer have a psychiatrist, i truly believed he dumped after 5 years of treatment because of frustration (no working relationship w an endo either), hard to keep fighting when ur doctor doesnt believe in you. i am not living or enjoying life, simply existing... barely.  rapidly reaching end of my rope.  any suggestions, advice???  thanks

I know I'm only seventeen, so I hope you still take me seriously... I was diagnosed with diabetes three years ago and bipolar disorder 2 years ago. My mood has GREATLY impacted my treatment. I've been on plenty of medications, and finding the right ones is something that I'm still sorting out. I am currently on Lamictal, Wellbutrin, and I take Ativan as needed. I take Klonopin for sleep very rarely. Lithium worked wonders for me, but since it can do so much kidney damage, I was taken off of it about three months in.

When I'm depressed, I'm too sad to take care of myself, and when I'm manic I just don't care about my health in general. Of course my blood sugars get out of control and I become overwhelmingly stressed, which obviously isn't helpful at all.

Everyone gave up on me, and I have had quite a number of hospitalizations, but I've been bouncing back. I haven't seen anyone talk about both of these illnesses, so I'm really glad I found this. I would love to talk more if you'd be willing!

Thanks. (: