A MUST READ Book for ALL Type 1 Diabetics

Dr. Bernstein'sDIABETES SOLUTION:

THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO ACHIEVING NORMAL BLOOD SUGARSby Richard K.Bernstein, MD(Little Brown, 2007).

Born in 1934, Dr. Bernstein himself was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes at the age of 12.  Today, at 75 years old and 62 years later as a Type 1 diabetic, he is complication free and still practicing endocrinolgy in Mamaroneck, NY.  I strongly suggest all my friends on Juvenation read this book.  It has the explanations and answers to so many of the issues we've discussed on Juvenation.  Buy it and read it.

Hmm thank you Paul, I will definitely check this book out. Is it targeted towards T1's?

HI Dylan,

Dr. Bernstein deals with both T1 and T2 concerns, but he clearly differentiates what's targeted to each.  There is no confusion whatsoever about who he's talking to at any given point.  He himself, like I said, has had T1 for 62 years so I get the feeling that this is where his "passion" lies.  I, personally, have been following his suggestions for almost two weeks now.  In my 39 years as a Type 1 my blodd sugars have never been so consistently excellent.  I would tell you more about his approach, but really it's better if you read it yourself.

He is on dlife,look under podcast. I need to go back and listen to them.It's been a little while.If I remember right ,his diet might be hard to follow.But with such good results I need to take a second look.Do you plan to stay with this,I'd like to know how it goes.