I'm too high

I had stopped at a gas station/convenience store to fill up the car and get my s'daughter an Icee drink (okay, that was before I realized that food dyes make kids go ballistic).  After I paid, she generously offered me some of her drink.  My reply, "No thanks, I'm too high ..." got me angry hostile glares from the cashier and other customers.

That was about 15 years ago, so I'm no longer waiting for Child Protective Services to come banging on our door.

I can only imagine the conversation which follow that knock on the door! lol

hahaha I would have liked to see the looks on those faces so funny! Glad CPS didn't get ya! lol

I was at work, work at a Children’s Hospital, talking with a co-worker who also has Type 1 diabetes. I said to her “I hate when I wake up high, that can make the whole day bad.” She agreed with me, then we turned around and one of our managers was standing there. She knows that we both have diabetes but told us that we needed to watch what we said so that patients/families didn’t hear us say things like that…so she was not amused. I, on the other hand, thought it was quite funny!