Childcare for 15 month old

I am a parent of a recently diagnosed 15 month old. We’re slowly learning how to manage her diabetes and as new routines set in, we’ve started to think about what kind of childcare options will be possible in the future. She was in a family daycare but we realize that a private nanny might be a better route now. Does anyone (especially in the NYC area) have experience working with a nanny with a very young child with TID? If so, we’d especially like to know what kinds of rates they charge (feel free to DM if that is too personal).

hi @ecbloom Emily, welcome to TypeOneNation. I am sorry I dont’ have a direct answer, but a good way to get peer feedback is to find the local JDRF chapter and meet other parents. You can go to https://www.jdrf.org/chapters/ and put in your zip code to find the nearest JDRF chapter location.

I hope you are getting all of the support you need, the first year can be a real challenge. It won’t be too long before you are an expert and this will all be second nature. good luck.