Carb break down?

Yesterday I had a carbohydrate meltdown.  My blood glucose was low, 41, and I wasn't feeling that well.  I grabbed about 80 grams of carbohydrate and munched away basically saying f...... diabetes.  I ate a great sweet roll, cookies, cheese and it all tasted very good!!!  I figured it totaled about 80 grams of carbo.  My typical meal is about 50 to 60 grams, and this was after a meal.  It came back to bite me the rest of the day.  Has anyone elxe had a similar meltdown.  How often.  I have been T-1 over 37 years and I believe this was the worst for me so far. 

[quote user="Dan"]

Yesterday I had a carbohydrate meltdown.  My blood glucose was low, 41, and I wasn't feeling that well.  I grabbed about 80 grams of carbohydrate and munched away basically saying f...... diabetes.  I ate a great sweet roll, cookies, cheese and it all tasted very good!!!  I figured it totaled about 80 grams of carbo.  My typical meal is about 50 to 60 grams, and this was after a meal.  It came back to bite me the rest of the day.  Has anyone elxe had a similar meltdown.  How often.  I have been T-1 over 37 years and I believe this was the worst for me so far. 

[/quote]

Happens all the time when I'm low and have an endless supply of food.  The other thing that kills me, not really rebound blood sugar wise, is grocery shopping while low...i buy so much i dont need later i will be happy about it because i have so much junk yet my wallet is not happy :)

This happens to me all the time. When my BG hits the 40's its like a shark in water with blood. I correct the problem and move on. One thing I have found is eat something crunchy. The crunching seems to have an effect with the "feeding frenzy". It works for me quite well. 

I think just about all of us do this.  It's so hard to not do it when you're low - your body kind of goes into survival mode, and when food = survival...  it takes a lot of self-control!

[quote user="Greg Borkman"]

[quote user="Dan"]

[/quote]

Happens all the time when I'm low and have an endless supply of food.  The other thing that kills me, not really rebound blood sugar wise, is grocery shopping while low...i buy so much i dont need later i will be happy about it because i have so much junk yet my wallet is not happy :)

[/quote]

So right Greg. As a newbie I did that and came home with so much #rap! LOL

Absolutely. Especially when I am low and really feeling it. If I eat something and it doesn't help fast enough I can get carried away.