11 yo daughter recently diagnosed; help!

Kimberly, I hope your daughter will change her mind too.  Talking to other kids with diabetes has really helped my son see that he's really no different from anyone else...he just has to take insulin to stay healthy (or as healthy as possible).  And at Lions Camp all the kids are made to feel like they are just regular kids who can have a great time doing anything and everything other kids do.  He has a blast there, and he looks forward to going there more than anything else he does all year.  :)  Good luck with getting your daughter to consider the options you mentioned above.

my son(TJ)  is 13 now he was dx at the age of 8 may 27 he is now pumping going on 2 years . i dont think we can ever prevent fluctuation with a type 1 when he first was dx we were on a roller coaster up and down he got 9 stitches from passing out with a low he has been doing good but getting into the teenage years its up and down . i met a mother on here with a daughter (Grace) with type 1 and we live 10 min apart we started talking and then we got our kids to start talking on facebook  now they are best friends when they hang out  or we go places together they fell comfortable around each other they help each other a lot they text  each other all the time now we are doing the walk together the walk to cure diabetes my son and i walked last year but its graces first walk we are doing t shirts and car wash they are having fun . and they dont feel different around each other because when tj has to check his bs grace checks hers . it just might help just talking to each other help if she dont want to hang out with other diabetics and talking to other  mothers helps us